Welcome to our blog! Have a look around!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update on the fam!

We took the twins for their two month well baby check up today and they are growing really well! Aubree is now 8lbs. 15 oz. and 22 inches (an inch taller than her sister) and Kilee is up to a whopping 8lbs. 2oz.!! Pretty good considering she was 5lbs. 15oz. just a month ago!! It's hard to believe that they would barely eat 10 cc's of formula when they were first born. It always breaks my heart to see how hard they cry when they get their shots. Fortunately, I had my Sloan there for the first part of the appointment and my mom there for the last part. (Thanks mom!) I feel lucky that even though the twins are only two months old, they haven't gotten sick yet. Hopefully we can make it through the winter without any serious illnesses.
In other news, I am back at work! I have worked a couple of days so far and will officially start back this coming Monday. Sloan will continue to work at Cabelas on my nights off through the month of December and then quit at the end of the year.
I feel especially thankful this holiday season for all our blessings lately. I feel blessed that we are employed, that we have a home to live in, heat to heat our home, food to eat, and clothes to wear. I never thought I would be so thankful for such basic things, but with all the stories of economic hardship I hear on the news lately, I feel very blessed.

No comments: