Welcome to our blog! Have a look around!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Life of a Mother

I find that being the mother of 3 kids under the age of 3 really difficult sometimes. I often wonder why for me personally, it seems so hard sometimes. There are many others that have a lot more children than I have and they cheerfully go about life, taking care of their kids, keeping a house, serving in the church, and they do it with a smile on their face. For example, a favorite website of mine that I visit frequently has all types of mothers, there's one that just had twins. They were her 7th and 8th, not 2nd and 3rd like me. Another fellow twin mom I know has 4 kids and has a husband that has to work a lot of hours and is hardly ever home. I have an incredibly helpful, supportive husband who willingly changes poopy diapers and can get the babies to go to sleep better than I can, yet I still feel like I want to pull my hair out half the time.
I have a book that I got from my Dad a couple of Christmases ago called "Blessed are the Children". It is full of pictures and quotes about children and occasionally I pull it out to read my favorite quotes to remind me that someday, if my kids don't turn out too screwed up, this will all be worth it. Here's a few of my favorites:

"Our children are not going to be just "our children"-they are going to be other people's husbands and wives and the parents of our grandchilren" -Mary Steichen Calderone

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today"-Stacia Tauscher

"A child is an angel dependent on man" -Joseph Marie De Maistre

"Love your children. Cherish them. They are so precious. They are very, very important. They are the future. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them. You need the help of the Lord........Pray for that help and follow the inspiration which you receive." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted" -Garrison Keillor

2 comments:

preitygirl said...

despite of what you think, you are doing an amazing job! then is nothing harder than raising little ones but nothing more worth it! Yes, A lot of the days are hard but then their are those days that we will cherish forever! Even though Cameron is only 8, he is becoming older. i have thought so much about how he is getting so old and just dosent need me like he used too! It makes me so sad! He will always be a momma's boy but not a baby! I know people tell you this all the time but cherish all the moments because before you know it, they wont need you to lay in their bed anymore. I think you are doing an amazing job with the twins and even though you probably get little sleep, "your gonna miss this!" As the country song says! I love you!

Trisha said...

I agree with preitygirl, you are doing an amazing job. Life with 1 kid, 2 kids, 3 kids, 4 kids, a dozen kids. It's hard! I don't think there is any mother out there who would tell you that every day they are just the perfect Mother, we all have our moments. When you are looking at Betty down the street thinking that she is doing a good job raising her kids, she is looking at you thinking that you are doing a great job too. All in all it's a vicious cycle. We are all looking at each other thinking that they are the perfect Mother. Keep up the good work Holly, you can do it! Your family picture is adorable, and your kids are growing up. So cute!